Man who made sexual calls jailed

Go down

Man who made sexual calls jailed

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:08 am

A sex offender who bombarded a woman driving instructor with indecent phone calls has been jailed for five months.
Ian King, 23, was on probation for a sex attack when he targeted the instructor, whose mobile phone number he found in the Yellow Pages.
King, from Dundee, admitted breaching the peace by phoning the woman between November and February.
King, who had never met the instructor, has convictions for sexually aggravated assault in 2004, 2007 and 2008.
Perth Sheriff Court heard that King initially contacted the instructor to ask about a driving lesson.
However, when he called back a few weeks later he tried to get her involved in a personal conversation but she hung up.
Then, at the beginning of February, the instructor noticed she had 20 missed calls.
I don't think you realise how upsetting these unpleasant calls are to a lady

Sheriff Margaret Gimblett

There were five messages from King which contained "offensive and directly sexual remarks", the court was told.
Sheriff Margaret Gimblett told King: "What worries me is that you just don't seem to realise how serious your offending has become.
"I don't think you realise how upsetting these unpleasant calls are to a lady.
"Grossly offensive and obscene calls to a woman, even a woman with the strongest constitution like myself, are deeply upsetting."
Sheriff Gimblett criticised the fact that she was not able to be tougher on King.
She said: "It bothers me that you are deemed to be a high risk - yet you appear on a summary complaint on a breach of the peace charge.
"That means I cannot impose some form of supervision afterwards."
After jailing King and placing him on the sex offenders register for seven years, the sheriff took time out to apologise to his weeping grandmother.
She told her: "Mrs King, I am so very sorry. I had no alternative."
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down