UKADIGROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crumbs your test is cancelled

Go down

Crumbs your test is cancelled Empty Crumbs your test is cancelled

Post by Admin Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 am

A learner driver was left fuming after an examiner cancelled his test - because there were crumbs on the seats of his car.
Jack Hyde, 18, was stunned when the examiner refused to get into his VW Golf because it was too dirty.

The teenager says he had cleaned the motor that morning and there were just a few croissant crumbs on the passenger seat and a dog biscuit in the footwell.
Crumbs your test is cancelled Article-1199696-05B504E2000005DC-524_468x286

Fuming: Jack Hyde

He now has to wait six weeks for a retest at Oxford Driving Test Centre and will lose his £62 fee.
Jack, of Berrick Salome, near Wallingford, Oxon., stormed: 'As soon as the examiner opened the passenger door he said: 'I can't take you out in this'. I couldn't believe it.
'He said he came to work in suit trousers and expected to sit on a tidy seat.
'He could have at least given us five minutes to clean it, but there was just no negotiation.
'It wasn't even particularly dirty. There were old stains that you get in any car, but they wouldn't come off on anyone's clothes.
'I know I may not have passed, but it has ruined my summer because it's a big thing to be able to drive.'
The five-year-old car belongs to Jack's dad John, 57, who had cleaned it on the morning of the test on July 30 after returning from a holiday in France.
Crumbs your test is cancelled Article-1199696-05B504D8000005DC-209_468x286

'Too dirty': An examiner refused to get in the car

John, a music composer for television, said: 'It was a normal family car that I had cleaned at the car wash and that Jack had tidied up inside that morning.

'I shudder to think, if they fail you for this then nobody would even pass their test with a normal car, you'd have to buy a new car to do it.'

It is the third time Jack has had his driving test cancelled. It was scuppered by heavy rain in March and in May he called in sick because of flu.
He has now complained to the Driving Standards Agency but Jack has to wait six weeks before he can take his test again.

A spokesperson for the DSA said: 'If the candidate makes a complaint or asks for a refund, we'll look into it when we receive it.'
John said: 'The bloke refused to refund the money, then he said it wasn't anything to do with him. I wrote to the DSA but they wrote back saying it wasn't the right department.
'I had to take time off work and Jack took the day off school during his A-Levels.

'I've never heard of this happening at a driving test. I tried to get the old stains off with an upholstery cleaner but couldn't.
'It's a family car so a large number of people have sat on that seat with no problems whatsoever. I could understand if the seats were dirty but it was just a few crumbs.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1199696/Crumbs-Learner-driver-test-cancelled-examiner-claims-car-dirty.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0MugvbjSG
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down